We have arrived. It is, hands-down, my favorite time of the year.
Perhaps I appreciate this time of year so much because where I grew up, summer weather extended way into the “fall.” Here, even when it warms up during the day, you wake up to delightfully crisp mornings. Yes, it can make figuring out what to wear a little tricky. But, I’ll happily deal with that problem in exchange for the gift of this season!
If you’ve been thinking about making the trip to Branson, now it the perfect time. Most attractions are still open on the weekends, which makes it easy to find the perfect activities for your family to enjoy.
In case you need a little inspiration, may I present my “Top Ten Ways to Enjoy the Fall in Branson”:
- Go-Karts! Yes, I know this is not surprising that this falls at the top of my list. But, honestly, is there more perfect weather to ride? Click here for up-to-the-minute listings of which facilities – and even specific attractions – are open. Pretty handy, huh?
- Batting Cages! Baseball . . . the sport that is never out of season! Come practice your swing at The Track’s new batting cages. Note: I don’t advise wearing a dress . . . not in this weather anyway.
- Beautiful Fall Color! Did you know that CNN named Branson’s Lake Taneycomo one of the 8 spectacular foliage cruises in the United States?! You can experience the beauty of the fall color via boat (check out Main Street Lake Cruises) or on your own with these convenient fall foliage driving tours. The color is not in its full glory yet, but it won’t be long . . . you don’t want to miss it!
- Silver Dollar City’s Harvest Festival! Silver Dollar City is great any time of the year, but the fall is truly unique. All of the park’s rides, shops, shows, and restaurants are open, but you ALSO have the opportunity to browse the wares of 125 American craftsmen. Think Christmas shopping! Done! Of course, you also want to check out SDC’s newest attraction, Outlaw Run, voted best new ride of 2013 worldwide!
- Branson Balloon Festival! Bring the entire family out to the Branson RecPlex on the weekend of October 18-20 for some great food and fun! Seeing that many hot air balloons together is truly an amazing sight, especially the balloon “glow” after dark. You don’t want to miss it!
- New Shows! The White House Theater’s Adventures of Marco Polo has impressed audiences since its opening in August. The international cast of 66 entertains you with dancing, acrobatics, and illusions – the entire family will love it!
- Shows You Need to See Before It’s Too Late! The Shepherd of the Hills show, which brings to life the history of the Ozarks, is closing its doors after 54 seasons in Branson with its last show on October 17. Also, Joseph at the Sight and Sound Theater is in its closing season this fall. Both shows should be on any Branson bucket list this fall!
- McKenna’s Family Farm! Consider this your local-insider tip. This is a great little pumpkin patch complete with hayrides, a corn maze, pumpkin-painting, and more activities for the kids. And, of course, you can pick out your perfect pumpkins. It’s a great time!
- Andy’s Frozen Custard Pumpkin Pie Concrete! Special food is a fun part of any season, and I must say . . . this food is pretty special. Yes, Andy’s does it right. They take an entire piece of freshly baked pumpkin pie and mix it into their delicious custard. Wow. And I’ll say it again. Wow. You just have to try it!
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte! Do you see a trend here? There is just nothing like warming up on a cool day with one of these treats. Good news . . . there are three Starbucks locations in Branson, so you’ll never be very far from one of these!
So, there you have it. You are sure to enjoy fall in Branson if you take these suggestions to heart. We hope to see you here!